Prep time : 35 min
Cooking time : 70 min
Yields : 6-10 servings
- 250gr Greenfields Ricotta cheese
- 2 pcs Eggs
- 350 ml Greenfields full cream milk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 60 gr Unsalted butter. Melted, cooled.
- 260 gr all-purpose flour, sifted
- 250 gr Granulated white sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 60gr Cocoa powder, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Place rack in the middle of the oven.
- 16 muffin pans with paper liners or spray with a nonstick vegetable spray.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk the ricotta cheese and then add the eggs, one at a time,
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract. Add the ricotta mixture to the flour mixture. Pour the milk a little by little until well mixed. Stir just until combined and then fold in the chocolate chips. Do not over mix this batter or the muffins will be tough when baked.
- Divide the batter among the 16 muffin cups using two spoons or an ice cream scoop for half portion each. Put a little ricotta as a filling in each cup and cover with the muffin mix.
- Place in the oven and bake about 20 minutes or until lightly browned and a toothpick in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.